Friday, January 7, 2011

Back on the Road Again!!


This is at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.  Tomo pulled up on this road in front of the receiving entrance to the university warehouse.


Tomo had to back up this drive way to the receiving docks.  His skill of backing is being challenged as you keep that orange dumpster in mind.


Keep backing up ...... this is a long drive.


Huh, okay, Tomo had the orange dumpster in view, and then had to maneuver around this windy corner .... at the same time not taking out the dumpster!!


Tomo then had to back around the second corner and then straight back and he reached his goal!! DONE! 

Tomo had to do this route twice because the other driver had a tractor that was not able to do the turns.  His tracker was longer then mine plus half of turn radius than Tomo, so he would have never made it. Therefore, when Tomo finished his back up and unloaded his trailer, they switched trailers out on the road and Tomo went for the second round! Haha it was really fun!!! Tomo loves the challenge to back up trailers. 

The other driver has been with the company for 7 months, and he introduced Larry Pendell to the company a few months ago.  Then Larry introduced me to the company last month.  This driver calls me the 'back up expert'!  The first time we came up to the University of Alberta for a delivery, he took an hour to back his truck up to the spot.  It was my first time into Canada and I was to next in line to unload but it took me only 20 minutes.  He was suppose to be my supervisor but he told me I made him look bad with that backing up phenomenal driving. 

Well now I've been giving orders to head to Iowa tomorrow, so will be heading out in the morning. There had been an idea of my truck going back to the yard for some work but .....that idea flew away haha.

No comments: